New Zealand’s oldest winery, Mission Estate, has started the year off with a bang – picking up a series of prestigious awards, both locally in New Zealand at the Easter Show Wine Awards 2015 – and from around the world, at the China Wine & Spirit Best Value Awards 2015.
A selection of wines across the Mission Estate and Reserve range were judged and awarded Double Gold, Gold, Silver and Bronze accolades at both these events.
Peter Holley, chief executive of Mission Estate, says: “As the oldest winery in New Zealand, we’re very proud of our rich heritage and winemaking skills and it’s very rewarding to see our passions are being recognised not only here in New Zealand but further afield around the world.”
Much of Mission Estate’s success is also down to the experienced winemaker, Paul Mooney and his dedicated wine making team. Paul was originally mentored by Brother John, who learnt the art of wine making in Bordeaux during the 1960s.
Paul says, “We still use many of the original philosophies that the Brothers applied to making Mission Estate wines and this will always be something that we will continue to do, as we remain committed to producing excellent, great value-for-money products for people to enjoy, the world over.”
“These awards are recognition of a fantastic 2013 vintage and of the work we do to bring the wines to life,” Paul says.
Easter Show Wine Awards 2015:
- Mission Estate Reserve Cabernet Merlot 2013
- Mission Estate Reserve Syrah 2013
- Mission Estate Chardonnay 2014
- Mission Estate Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 2013
- Mission Estate Cabernet Franc 2013
China Wine & Spirits Awards 2015:
Double Gold Medal
- Mission Estate Pinot Noir 2013
- Mission Estate Cabernet Merlot 2013
- Mission Reserve Cabernet Merlot 2013
- Mission Reserve Syrah 2013
- Mission Estate Gewurztraminer 2013
- Mission Estate Chardonnay 2013
- Mission Estate Merlot 2013
- Mission Estate Pinot Gris 2014.