Winebow Imports has been announced by Villa Maria Estate as its new exclusive import representative in the US.
Recognised as a leader in the US wine industry, Winebow has extensive experience working with wine brands that are dedicated to unique regions – a reason it has been chosen by Villa Maria Estate.
“Following a rigorous selection process, we are thrilled to partner with the Winebow Imports team,” says Matthew Deller MW, Villa Maria’s chief global sales and marketing officer.
“Their knowledge, enthusiasm, and professionalism are unparalleled, making them perfectly positioned to realise Villa Maria’s full potential in the US.”
Already the number one New Zealand brand in the UK, and New Zealand’s largest market by volume, the company hopes the shift to Winebow Imports will help it reach its potential in the US.
Ian Downey, executive vice president of Winebow Imports, says they are “thrilled and honoured to partner with Villa Maria Estate”.
“Their well-documented achievements and category leadership have earned them an outstanding reputation as pioneers in New Zealand wine,” says Downey.
“Villa Maria’s guiding principles are always pointing towards positive change.
“Their longstanding commitment to the relationship between responsible stewardship, community, and quality, resonates strongly in today’s market. We look forward to growing this renowned brand.”
Winebow Imports will carry the following from Villa Maria:
- Private Bin – Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc, Hawkes Bay Rosé, Marlborough Pinot Noir, and Bubbly Sauvignon Blanc
- Esk Valley – Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc, Gimblett Gravels Merlot-Cabernet-Malbec, and Hawkes Bay Chardonnay
- EarthGarden – Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc and Marlborough Pinot Noir, from Villa Maria’s organic vineyards
- Reserve – Wairau Valley Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc* and Marlborough Pinot Noir
- Single Vineyard – Taylors Pass Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc and Taylors Pass Marlborough Pinot Noir
- Icon – Ngakirikiri Gimblett Gravels Cabernet Sauvignon
*Arriving in November 2021