Duck Island, Otis Oat and Whittaker’s have been some of the local brands to come out on top at the second New Zealand Dairy Free Awards.
Held by the Vegan Society NZ, the awards feature six categories – ice cream, cheese, milk, yoghurt, chocolate and butter. Within each category is New Zealand-made products, as well as imported.
Celebrating excellence in plant-based alternatives, the Dairy Free Awards are an opportunity for companies to demonstrate the best they can offer in terms of taste, texture, mouthfeel and versatility.
Let’s take a look at the NZ winners:
- NZ Winner: Duck Island Coconut Caramel
- NZ Runner Up: Duck Island Coffee Coconut
- NZ Popular Winner: Angel Food Cheddar
- NZ Popular Runner Up: Angel Food Cream Cheese
- NZ Winner: Otis Oat
- NZ Runner Up: Little Island Chocolate Coconut
- NZ Winner: Raglan Boysenberry and Vanilla
- NZ Runner Up: The Collective Fudge
- NZ Winner: Whittaker’s Hawke’s Bay Plum and Almond
- NZ Runner Up: Whittaker’s Dark Almond
- NZ Winner: Vutter
- NZ Runner Up: Olivani Olive Oil